Meat and Seafood Transport Vehicles
A meat transport vehicle is a vehicle used for transporting meat and/or seafood for human consumption.
Under the Meat Industry Act 1993, all vehicles transporting meat and/or seafood for human consumption must be licensed by PrimeSafe.
There are three ways to apply for a PrimeSafe licence:
- Fill out the application form in the PrimeSafe Licence Portal by following the instructions in the How to use the Licence Portal link below; or
- Download the application form, print, scan and email it to email@example.com; or
- Fill in the form and post to PrimeSafe, PO Box 2057, South Melbourne Vic 3205.
|COVID-19 Update: The PrimeSafe office is not open to paper applications until further notice due to COVID-19 social distancing directions.|
MTV Renewals and Inspections 2021
Meat Transport Vehicles (MTV) licensees are encourage to renew their licence by 31 May 2021 to allow time for PrimeSafe to mail out the new MTV labels that are required to be placed on the vehicles by 30 June 2021.
All MTVs and fleets must be inspected as part of the licence renewal. For further information regarding construction inspections please click here.
For the information on the approved locations for Meat Transport Vehicle Inspection Locations 2021. Please click below.
What if I want to sell at a farmers' market?
At present, there is no licence category that permits the roadside sale of fresh meat and meat products from a vehicle or purpose built mobile facility. Local councils are responsible for the regulatory management of farmers’ markets and roadside in Victoria. Your business may need a PrimeSafe Meat Transport Vehicle licence. Click for further information.
PrimeSafe have produced a brochure on meat transport vehicle applications and renewals in English, Chinese Simplified, Vietnamese and Arabic.
- PrimeSafe Meat Transport Vehicles (English)
- PrimeSafe Meat Transport Vehicles (Chinese Simplified)
- PrimeSafe Meat Transport Vehicles (Vietnamese)
- PrimeSafe Meat Transport Vehicles (Arabic)